May 2012 Club Meeting
May 21, 2012
from 07:30 PM to 10:00 PM
|Where||Club House @ Shoppingtown|
|Contact Name||Dick Lyons|
|Add event to calendar||
- Report of the Nominating Committee for the Board of Directors, open nominations
- Semi-Annual Auction
- Only club members can sell items. Anyone can bid on auction items.
- The auction begins at 7:30 PM. For those who are selling items please come early to obtain the auction label forms and set up your items on the display tables. The doors will be open by 6:30 PM.
- Each item must have a completed auction label. Sellers, please provide a description form for each item to be given with the item to the successful bidder, (example: mineral name and location collected).
- There is an upper limit of five (5) items per seller. There is no maximum limit for the number of items donated to the club.
- This is not a silent auction. All bids will be indicated by a vocal “Huzzah!” (or equivalent) and flaunting your bidder’s ID number on the supplied sign.
- Any material with a specified minimum bid that does not sell will be returned to the seller.
- The club will retain 15% of the selling price. The full selling price of the donated items will be given to the club.
- The highest bidder wins the auctioned item. Runners will deliver each item to the winning bidder and collect a payment for that item. Bidders need not leave their chairs.
- BIDDERS PLEASE BRING PLENTY OF CASH. Items selling for more than $15.00 can be purchased by personal checks. All other items will be cash only.
- Sellers cannot bid on their own items.
As always, visitors are welcome and encouraged to take part in all club activities.